Skip to main content

Goodbye!!

As the internet changes, so do we. I started this blog in the beginning of September, the whole idea and concept was totally new to me. I didn't know how to write like a "blogger"and didn't see the whole purpose of writing these blogs. Weeks went by and I finally got the gist of things and surprisingly didn't mind them! As of right now, I don't know if I will continue with my blogs since this is the last "mandatory" one, but either way, the creation of Tech-Collagey will always be apart of reputation on and off line.

Starting the year off, my classmates and I focused on the importance of Twitter in the classroom. We looked into different articles that portrayed the different utilities and aspects Twitter offers in classrooms: communication, information, and entertainment. From reading these articles and seeing how a current principal, Eric Sheninger, incorporated Twitter into his classroom allowed me to see the positives aspects of social media. Twitter was brought up multiple times throughout my blog and always seemed to be a very relatable topic. I talked about the role of social media, like Twitter, when it comes to building a business. Mark Schlereth, former football player and current ESPN spokesman,   displayed how important it is to have social media apart of a business. "Its a promoting, useful, interactive tool". Throughput this course, I learned that social media, like Twitter, isn't just used for entertainment; many businesses and professionals use it to incorporate their audience and spread word about their products or viewpoints. 

Along with Twitter, another aspect that was seen more than once was the significance of our digital reputation. What we say and do online is what most people judge us off of. My blog, "Safety First" discusses articles that I've read showing proper and improper ways to act online . One of the biggest projects I've done in this class was my social media etiquette project. This is where I focused on Carly McKinney, who I've mentioned in the past, and how her career was ruined by her actions on her social media accounts. Just by tweeting "private" tweets about drugs and her students, she lost her job because word of this account got out. This goes to show how dangerous the internet could really be; if not used wisely, a person's digital footprint can become a negative thing. 


Without this blog, I would still be very naive when it came to different note taking applications and augmented reality usage. Throughout articles, I learned about the many different note-taking apps that would come in handy to me. Evernote and OneNote are online apps that can be easily downloaded in which they organize notes, give access to taking notes, and write on top of documents. Since reading those articles, I downloaded Evernote and use it weekly for my economics course. It is not only helpful, but super easy to use. Another eyeopening blog I wrote was the one focusing on augmented reality. I knew technology was changing but never realized how fast it was. Augmented reality is being used in schools all over to create more realistic scenarios to help kids. I find this so cool because now students will be able to actually see what they are being taught. 

Lastly a creation of my very own website wrapped up the semester. With the help of Weebly, I was able to make a website focusing on my future profession and the steps I have been taking to achieve it. Weebly was a great tool and was so easy to use yet allowed my website to look professional. All I had to do was drag in different things that I wanted and eventually my website was created. It actually made my final super fun because I got to make my website look how I wanted it to be!!

As sad as it is to go, the semester is coming to an end and so are my blogs. I may stop by months from now and give a little recap or I may not. All I have to say is that this was really fun and shaped who I am. Thank you to my few but dedicated readers! I know that with a little bit of work, we all will succeed! See you soon! 
Xoxo, 
Syd :)



Comments

  1. This is very well done. Social media is closely viewed by companies now and many have rules and policies how social media can be used in the work place. A person must be careful how they post...... even on non-work sites when it comes to their employment and customer base. Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15 years later...

Lets think back 15 years ago. It was 2002 and the internet was only a decade old. Apple iPhones were barely just an idea and the thought of using "Google" over "Yahoo" was practically hilarious. The internet was not a necessity. Its funny to see how much we, as a society, changed in just 15 years. Today the internet is used for almost everything including communication, education, entertainment, and more. Its a way to research almost anything and get the answer within seconds no matter how odd the topic may be. This is all because of Google. Throughout the years, Google has been expanding. Its not just a place to find answers but also includes different sections like "Google Translate", "Google Drive", "Google Meet", and so on. Each of these applications have a sole purpose and that is why Google is the number one website in the U.S. (side note: I even used Google to find out that information :) ).  As I read the article, "

The Start of Something New -HSM

Businesses and social media go hand and hand when it comes to their growth. Meaning that as social media grows and advances, businesses have to make these changes too or failure can come about. This week , my classmates and I had the opportunity to watch Mark Schlereth (ESPN expert) talk about how important building a business through social media really is. Twitter has been a reoccurring topic in my blogs due to its recent growth and importance in society. One of the first steps into Schlereth's success after retirement was due to twitter. Being that he got a job with ESPN after 12 years of football, Schlereth decided to spread his viewpoints, news, and business plans all through his twitter. "Its a promoting, useful, interactive tool". Although Twitter may not be the best marketing tool for the start up of a small business , it still gives out information to the public instantly and allows for interaction with customers. Starting a business may take time but using t

Teachable Twitter

Hi, my name is Sydney! Since elementary school I used my brain to look at the world in a creative way. It was never equations, it was graphs. It was never words, it was pictures. That is why I am a business major with a concentration in marketing. Being able to look at a product and enhance it to not only have it appeal to others eyes, but to make them want it, amazes me. Although quiet at times, I love being the center of attention, this is why I hope my future career path has something to do with commercializing products for well known companies. In our day of age, social media and technology is essentially the base of our society . It's used for entertainment, conversation, brand awareness, and so much more. Recently, Eric Sheninger, principal of New Milford Highschool, brought the use of social media into his classrooms by utilizing the app " Twitter ". Twitter in a high school class?! He's crazy! Sheninger is definitely not crazy, that's for sure; with the